Thursday, January 14, 2010

I've had a pretty off week this week and it's only Thursday. However, I'm sure an 18 year old girl in Haiti is having a far more bad day than I am. I complained to someone on how my day was horrible and I was angry about something I over heard. I no sooner said that and I started watching NBC news and saw the Haiti coverage. I never realized how bad it was. 50,000 people are estimated dead and I saw something the broke my heart. They were showing a bunch of kids who had to get medical attention and there was one little boy who was waiting and had yet to have his broken leg fixed. After breaking more the a few bones in my body, I could only imagine how this kid was feeling 2, almost 3 days after breaking his leg. The skin around his leg was turning pitch black, almost as if it was roating. I felt horrible for these kids that I took $15 dollars out of the $50 I had saved and donated to the children of Haiti. Go to http://www.networkforgood.org/ and it's seriously the easiest donating website to use. Red Cross wasn't hard, just probably overwhelmed cause I couldn't log in haha.
Anyways.. As Americans, we're rich compaired to these people and even if it was a dollar, it goes a long ways for someone in Haiti right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment